Kimbolton or the Hunts Kart Racing Club (H.K.R.C.), as it is otherwise known, was founded in 1959 by a group of karters who wanted somewhere to race their recently acquired outfits. The club's landlord was one of these karters.
The present track occupies what was the home of the 379th USAF Bomber Squadron during World War Two.
As the years went by, various changes and improvements were made to this circuit and during the late sixties and early seventies Kimbolton was the largest karting circuit in East Anglia and was a very popular circuit even then.
In 1990 the circuit was extended to its present format. The extension occupied what was the landlord's airstrip.
In 1992 the original race control was replaced with our current building.
In 1999 we had a new dual dummy grid, which enabled us to minimise delays between races.
In 2001 we have hard surfaced and extended the pit bay area.
The club also has improved the toilet facilities in 2002. At the start of 2003, the circuit has been modified & updated to accommodate 3 heats & a final, as requested by the drivers. A process of continuous improvement & upgrading has begun!